Louisiana Interchurch Conference
Fall Board Meeting
September 18–19, 2006, Monroe, LA
Theme: “How does the LIC move together in practical ways from membership to mission?
Topic of Conversation – Use of task forces
Communicate by Task Forces at regional meetings in response to identified needs; issue timely press statements inviting participation from community; use a broad media base.
Convener – Fr. Scott Chemino
Participants – Mrs. Ann Ball, Dr. Cory Sparks, Fr. Scott Chemino
Key Points of the Conversation –
- Regional Task Forces (Relay local issues/needs to LIC)
- Calling for LIC statements when possible
- Brand our actions as “LIC”
Action Steps / Resources –
- Does present structure impede?
- Maintain value of serving local community needs/issues