Louisiana Interchurch Conference Fall Board Meeting
September 18–19, 2006, Monroe, LA
Theme: “How does the LIC move together in practical ways from membership to mission?
Topic of Conversation – Does our structure impede action?
Convener – Mr. Hugh Straub
Participants – Bishop Ronald Herzog, Dr. Cory Sparks, Fr. Wilmer Todd, Rev. Hulen Warren, Rev. Susan Gaumer
Key Points of the Conversation –
- LIC too isolated ‘into itself’
- Changing face of Ecumenism – How do we incorporate the bilateral conversations?
- How to interface with neighborhood action groups – perhaps as a catalyst for interaction
- Need to loosen our boundaries to give room for new conversations/issues
Action Steps / Resources –
- Strengthen the regions/sub-regions for practical interaction
- Re-define mission locally with LIC oversight (most issues do not involve entire state)
- Sponsor LIC list-serve/chat-room to foster communication and idea sharing for local, practical interaction and solutions.